Wednesday 16 July 2008

Why?


BRIGHT young minds have encouraged me. Many infamous bloggers have set the script over the past ten months...

The ginger ninja with killer cooking skills, the naturist who chews twigs whilst playing the clarinet, the talking haggis, and of course the English rose who laughs in the face of authority, and has trouble eating marshmallows.


This summer, as we sit in a house on the hill, drinking port, eating cheese, and gossiping about our social circle, I realise that I know a special group of people:


Over the past year spent my moments with many gifted characters. The pixie from the East End, who is always late, the handsome tractor boy who loves soggy biscuits, the Yorkshire lad who dreams of being an anchor man, and the Irishman with an indestructible, or invisible liver – I can’t tell which one.


So why I am I writing this? I guess, as we all part our ways, it’s a way of keeping touch. A way I can share the hopes and dreams of these beautiful people. I love them so much, and blogging means we can all see how our lives unfold.


They have given me some great times that I’ll never forget: except when I was woken up at 3am on a freezing pavement by a stranger who paid for my taxi home. So if you are on my wavelength, and catch my drift then read on, if not you don’t know what you’ve missing out on...

1 comment:

Chris Ratcliffe said...

Me:

Naturist = yes
Chewing twigs = yes, if they are liqourish twigs
Playing clarinet = I try my hardest.

I love you to Maxwell.

Chris x

P.S. add my blog to your page: http://chrisratcliffe.blogspot.com/